About The Homeschool Guild:
We believe children deserve the opportunity to discover their own path. Homeschooling provides families the freedom to explore, and individualize curriculum based on different learning styles. The Homeschool Guild facilitates exploration via the use of community resources, student and parent educational experiences, service and curriculum vendors, and the support of a credentialed teacher.
The H.E.L.M. offers,
* Individualized education with weekly homeroom teacher time at various locations including youth centers, gyms, arts centers, community colleges, cultural centers, etc.
* Full curriculum selected based on student needs and learning styles blended from texts, projects, workshops, online, and virtual.
* Access to partnership activities based on student's program.
* Home-use technology (Microsoft Surface) for 21st Century learning possibilities.
* More teacher support than traditional homeschooling but with the benefits of a non-traditional schedule.
* Meetings closer to students’ activities and communities.
* Options for community college credit.
* Free & accredited school choice (WASC, UC, NCAA).